
Okay.. So I've been on this cooking buzz for about a week now. . I want to cook for my new husbi I suppose! But I think it's more of the inspiration to create something new and have it be of instant use. Opposed from sitting in a drawer waiting to be finished and ultimately have no functionality... anyway I've been itching to make this hamburger pie that my mom used to make for me when I was a child. NOw I wanna make it, and all I have to do is buy the stuff.. also my new Niece's birthday is this Sunday so I want to try these awesome cupcakes I found on this cooking blog I found (which is awesome)! I have inspirations to cook and I want to keep this going this summer... for my "Good-Bye to Summer" party , my birthday, 4th of July, my 3rd year anniversary with my Love! I can't speak of this new-found inspiration for the rest of the seasons... but just imagine the creative cooking I can do with the end-of-year holidays?!?! Any way I've gotten some of it out of my system, I made whole-wheat strawberry pancakes (which my husbi liked) then the next day I made a "strawberry-pepper tart for two!" that came out good too! then I tried these zucchini fritters, I guess they were called, from the Amy Sedarkis site, where she obviously cooks with a blind fold because she gives no accurate measurements and lists ingredients then gives no reference to them later.. ok.. I guess that's apart of her charm, however they would've came out great had she not listed "more flour than you think you'll need", as one of the ingredients. So assuming this meant a crap-load of flour I added it to my perfectly chopped everything and you guessed it, way too floury and doughy... weren't too terribly bad, just way less flour next time! then I tried a totally different recipe from a healthy-cooking site.. Classic Zucchini sticks, the whole dipped in egg (whites) shake 'n' bake in a bag with a mixture of whole-wheat flour, cornmeal, etc.. so I do all that and BAKE, not fry them (Frying makes them soo good at restaurants!)
then I find that the flour mixture just wont bake despite the ton of cooking spray the put on them.. so I take them out and just eat them anyway.. ewww! although my father-in-law seemed to like them,, and the zucchini came out very well-the batter needed a little help. I'm so frying next time!
So that was my happy little weekend "Miss Martha Stewart-Rachael Rae!" ok, not that good....Yet.
I'm being inspired everyday to cook/bake up something new..stay tuned!

No comments:
Post a Comment